Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Root Beer Vodka

Was at a birthday party on the weekend and as is typical with me I politely asked the waitress for something good to drink. She was somewhat taken a back from this request, as is often typical considering how many "whats on tap?" and I'll have a Henikien" I am sure she gets asked on a regular basis. Her response after repeating the request, "alright then"

What she brought was a fantastic drink that they made through experimentation on a quiet night. I didn't catch the name of it exactly but it was heavenly delicious. The familiar taste of root beer, but it was very dry and no where near as sweet actual root beer.

I love to do this sort of thing. I am not much of a beers guy. I like a beer but many beer are simply too many. And if I am to go out I much prefer to have something fancy I can't make myself at home. I rather enjoy having something tasty instead. That is why I enjoy asking waitresses, especially ones that have been at a place for a while what is good. It is often a pleasant surprise what they come up and will bring you.

By the way the really tasty drink was this...
Root Beer Flavored Vodka
a measure of Cola
and topped off with Soda

Quite tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment