Friday, May 20, 2011

Fitness - Underwear Affair



To support a buddy at work who recovered last year from treatment for a below the waist cancer some of my coworkers and I are participating in the underwear affair. It is a bit of a silly fund raiser in that it encourages people to come out wearing underwear or what else they are comfortable in and have fun. There is a 5k walk (sore) a 10k elite run(not happening) and a 10k fun run (that is the most of my ability). I am in the process of raising money. I put a link below to go to where you can donate to the cause. Not looking for much and every little bit helps!

uncoverthecure.org/site/TR/Events/Calgary2011?px=1863476&pg=personal&fr_id=1200

To give you some more idea about what we are doing a team of about half of dozen of us will be dressing up likely in the style of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, particularly that album where they wore those gym socks... and nothing else, except we will be wearing shorts. It is after all a fun run and not suppose to be a run from the cops! If there is donations, or comments of interest I will post pics here when all is said and done.

Now to prove to myself that I was serious and to see if I could do a 10km run, I hopped on the treadmill and in an hour five did the six mile equivalent. That marks the first time I have ever ran 10km in a single session. In the coming... two weeks (ah shit!) before the run I will be training up several more times. It will be hard, my legs like to scream at me when I run longer then 20 minutes, but none the less training hard to do this. And not make an ass of myself.

So please donate by following to my affair page. Every little bit helps and it is really easy to! Though if you do have questions, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment