Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pirating Pirates of the Caribbean

Have you ever heard of couponers? It is those people that make a lifestyle out of clipping coupons and the ones that are good at it buy hundreds of dollars worth of products and are owed money from the store. They have some show about it that is annoying sometimes on in my house. It may sound cool but it is a lifestyle. Many hours clipping coupons, buying products for better coupons for the next trip. Some people are obsessed, others do it as a hobby. I thought it was cool when one couple was doing it to acquire food stuffs to donate to the homeless, and was able to donate $2,500 worth of goods.

Now I am by no means a couponer. I am a bit more of a watch dog, especially with DVDs and video games. I know the things that I want to eventually get, but I have no love to pay full price, so I will check ads once a week and see what the price is for the things that I want. If they are on sale for a price I like I will then get them. I don’t mind waiting for them. Not a couponer but I had a couponer experience...

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean for the PS3 was the target. I don't usually buy games on a release date but I figured I would make an exception because of what else was on sale with it at best buy...

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (PS3)
regular $59.99, release day sale $49.99, Reward Zone Member $10 off

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (Blu - Ray)
regular $29.99, sale $19.99, discounted to $9.99 with video game

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (Blu - Ray)
regular $29.99, sale $19.99, discounted to $9.99 with video game

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (Blu - Ray)
regular $29.99, sale $19.99, discounted to $9.99 with video game

Now here is the other thing, included in the blu rays is a voucher for $11 off seeing the new pirates. that times three movies. So to summarize...

Video Game... regular $59.99 ... sale $39.99
Blu Rays... regular $29.99 x3 ... sale $9.99 x3
Movie Tickets... regular $12.50 x3 ... sale $1.50 x3

So total value... $187.50 total spent... $75

I see why couponers do what they do it, like stealing without the criminal aspect

No comments:

Post a Comment